Appian has announced the acquisition of Novayre Solutions SL, developer of the Jidoka RPA platform. Jidoka is currently the highest-rated RPA software on Gartner Peer Insights. Financial terms are not being disclosed.
“Appian is extending our lead in low-code automation by adding RPA,” said Matt Calkins, CEO, Appian. “Together, the products enable end-to-end process orchestration where humans, software robots, and AI all work together in a coordinated way.”
“Our shared vision for automation makes this a natural fit for Novayre. By joining forces with Appian, we will make it easier for companies to adopt and deploy RPA at enterprise scale,” said Víctor Ayllón, CEO of Novayre.
According to Forrester, the RPA market is expected to reach $12 billion by 2023, but many organizations are still in the early stages of their RPA journey. Companies have experimented with RPA by implementing robots from multiple vendors, resulting in a fragmented technology landscape. Robots are often deployed in silos without effective human oversight, creating management challenges. CIO concerns about robot security and governance have also limited the growth of RPA for larger-scale use cases.
BENEFITS OF THIS ACQUISITION
Appian’s acquisition addresses these challenges. Appian says that their customers will benefit from:
- One-stop shop for Automation. Appian will unify low-code development and RPA in one comprehensive automation platform, enabling the orchestration of all three agents of modern work — humans, bots, and artificial intelligence. Appian’s top-rated case management capabilities are included, so if robots create errors or exceptions, humans are involved in-the-loop to quickly make corrections.
- Governed robotic workforce. Appian will deliver RPA governance for the enterprise. Organizations will be able to manage robotic workforces from major RPA vendors, including Blue Prism and UIPath. The business interfaces for managing robots — including monitoring, scheduling, and reporting — are available on both the web and mobile devices. The service will deliver powerful analytics and reporting, ranging from impact analysis to compliance.
- Enterprise-grade RPA. RPA from Appian will be cloud RPA and Java RPA. The new service will be available globally on the Appian cloud. Bot developers can leverage a powerful Java Integrated Development Environment (IDE), which enables them to build sophisticated robots. They will also be able to incorporate powerful AI, powered by Google, that extends robot use cases and facilitates bot management. Enterprise-grade security, featuring SOC 2 and ISO 27001 compliance certifications, will be built in.
- Appian is a public, NASDAQ-listed company, and is the only leader in both the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Low-Code Application Platforms and for Intelligent Business Process Management Suites (iBPMS). Appian is committed to delivering an open platform and will continue to work with and integrate to major RPA vendors, giving customers flexibility and freedom of choice in RPA.
* Source: Appian's Press Release