Appian, Pegasystems and IBM has been positioned again in the Leaders Quadrant in Gartner's 2016 Magic Quadrant for Intelligent Business Process Management Suites Report, published on 18 of August. Rob Dunie,W. Roy Schulte,Marc Kerremans and & Michele Cantara are the analysts of the report.
For Gartner, "the intelligent business process management suite (iBPMS) market is the natural evolution of the earlier BPMS market, adding more capabilities for greater intelligence within business processes. Capabilities such as validation (process simulation, including "what if") and verification (logical compliance), optimization, and the ability to gain insight into process performance have been included in many BPMS offerings for several years. iBPMSs have added enhanced support for human collaboration such as integration with social media, mobile-enabled process tasks, streaming analytics and real-time decision management." iBPMS platforms extend the value of BPM through tight integration of SMACT disruptive technologies (Social collaboration, Mobility, Analytics/BigData, Cloud computing and Internet of Things.
Gartner evaluates nine critical capabilities that differentiate iBPMS products:
• Interaction Management at runtime to support people,systems and things
• High-Productivity App Authoring for the complete life cycle of business processes
• Business Activity Monitoring (BAM) and Business Alignment
• Rules and Decision Management Capabilities
• Predictive and prescriptive Analytics
• Interoperability with external application services and systems
• Intelligent Mobility
• Process Discovery and Optimization
• Context and Behavior History
Thanks to Appian we can view a complimentary copy of the report. Please, click here to read the report.
If we compare the 2015's report vs. 2016, there are new players as Bizagi as Challenger, Lexmark and Axon Ivy as Niche Players. Some vendors are no longer in the quadrant: Whitestein Technologies, Kofax and DST.